Looking for a dreads near you? Find the most trusted dreadlockers, shops, and salons in your area with Dreads Near Me.
What is Dreadlocks and Why Are They a Trend?
Dreads and braids were originally used in ancient civilizations as a form of decoration or religious symbolism. They were also considered as a sign of status like wearing the royal crown.
These days, they are more commonly used as a fashion statement. People often wear them in different ways – in the form of short braid, long dreadlocks, around their head, etc. Whichever way they use it, it’s sure to catch some people’s attention.
Dreadlocks hairstyle is not just for women now because men are also sporting this trend with various styles!
People have mixed opinions about the origins of dreadlocks, however, it is clear that this style has been popularized in the Western world through music videos such as Snoop Dogg’s “Drop It Like It’s Hot” and Bob Marley’s “Could You Be Loved”.
The Different Risks Associated to Dreadlock Wearing & How to Stay Safe
Dreadlocks are one of the most common hairstyles that are worn by both men and women, but there are many risks associated with this style. It’s important to know these risks so that you can stay safe.
Risks associated with dreadlocks:
– Dreadlocks have the ability to collect debris like dust, dirt, and hair strands from the air which could lead to irritation in the eyes and respiratory problems.
– Dreadlocks can cause skin irritation due to their tight grip on your scalp.
– If you have a sensitive scalp, dreads might cause a lot of itching and discomfort.
– Dreads might also pull on your hairline which causes damage to your hairline overtime leading to baldness or thinning if left untreated
– Dreads can also cause scalp irritation
Different types of wigs that you can use to wear with your dreadlocks, such as t-shirts, scarves, etc.
Are Dreads Bad For Your Hair?
There are many people who have dreadlocks and would like to know what the future holds for their hair.
Dreadlocks can be a great look for some people, but it is important to note that they can lead to bald spots, hair breakage, and other negative effects.